We’ve all heard the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" – and for good reason. Apples (and pears) really are a healthy option, backed up by science.
- Apples are naturally fat free
- Apples are a low-fat food
- Apples are naturally free from saturated fat*
- Apples contain only naturally occurring sugars, with no added sugar
- Apples are a source of fibre
- Apples are naturally sodium free**
- Apples are naturally salt free
*Reducing consumption of saturated fat contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.
**Reduced consumption of sodium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure.Click here to download the Great British Apples Health Research Review, collated by Professor Tom Sanders, Professor of Nutrition and Dietetics, King’s College London.